Please fill out the following health declaration form in order to participate in our activity. Submissions are valid up to 24 hours prior to the activity.
In consideration of the services of Durango Dog Ranch, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "DDR"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge DDR, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in guided dog sled tours with sleds and scooters with UTVs for summer and winter tours and dog sled demonstrations activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: a dog irrespective of its training and usual past behavior and characteristics, may act or react unpredictably at times based upon instinct or fright; dogs may bite or scratch; losing control of the dogs may result in collisions with other sleds and/or manmade and natural objects such as bridges, trees, rocks, cliffs, streams and other obstacles; inclement weather, hypothermia, frostbite, avalanches; falling into a crevasse; equipment failure; accidents from a dog sled tipping; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered; transmissible pathogens or diseases; improper lifting or carrying; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity. I understand that sled dog touring is a wilderness activity that exposes me to all elements of the outdoors and natural surroundings.
Furthermore, DDR personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless DDR from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of DDR's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of DDR.
4. Should DDR or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against DDR, I agree to do so solely in the state of Colorado, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against DDR on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at DDR. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
PARENT'S OR GUARDIAN'S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION (Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of the minor's listed below, my signature allows minors to be permitted by DDR to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless DDR from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by Minor.